Note: I'm still not sure what the rules are regarding photos on blogs, so I've linked to photos instead. Unfortunately, it doesn't make the page look as nice.
No, really, it's not because I'm unemployed and restless that I'd like this for my liquor stash. It's because when I went to the Martini Club a few months back, a staffer there made me a cocktail with this gin. The list of other ingredients escapes me, but citrus and crushed pink peppercorns were also involved. That drink hit a chord with me—it helped that I was fascinated by the beautiful Distillery District space that MC occupies—and I'd like another. The bottle also deserves props. $42.45 at the LCBO (www.lcbo.com).
Although I consider myself an art amateur, the pieces in Magic Pony often suit my taste. I love the colours in this painting by Andrew Wilson, called A World's History VII, and the organized chaos of it. It would be great way, I think, to start my collection. $1,500 at Magic Pony (www.magic-pony.com).
When it comes down to it, I'm not much of a heels person. But these ones have a T-strap and are designed by Frye, a label I've loved ever since I bought Frye boots three years ago. It was my first major footwear purchase (even though I was broke at the time) and one I didn't at all regret. $158 USD at Urban Outfitters online (www.urbanoutfitters.com).
Cheese is definitely one of my weaknesses, and this gift wouldn't help me cut back. It would, however, help me explore my palette with selections from around the world delivered to my doorstep every other month for a year (whew!). It would also motivate me to set dates for the wine and cheese parties I always talk about, but only rarely get around to throwing. $420 at Shay Cheese (www.shaycheese.ca).
I used to play piano a lot, but I haven't had access to one in a long time. When I do get a chance to play, I cringe at my lost ability and weak fingers that were once in tip-top shape. A couple of months ago, I fell in love with a Roland keyboard that looked portable enough to fit and store in my tight-for-space apartment. It had weighted keys and sounded like the real deal—enough, I would hope, to persuade me to practice on a regular basis. About $1,800, at Long & McQuade (www.long-mcquade.com).

1 comment:
AHH! Erin! Your wish list is awesome, and I want those heels too!!
(as well as the gin and cheese)
Let's keep our fingers crossed!
xo
brooke m.
Post a Comment